June 13, 2020
Regardless of whether this is your first time buying a boat hoist, or you’re considering an upgrade from the one you’ve been relying on for many years, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure years of reliable performance and enjoyment. Watercraft lifts can vary greatly by manufacturer and design style, so it’s important to understand whether or not the one you’re considering will be a good fit for your property, specific watercraft type, dock dimensions, desired budget and many other factors.
At Martin’s Tidesides Marine Supplies and Slips, we understand what a significant investment this can be for many, and wanted to take just a few moments to go over some of the essentials when deciding which marine hoist best suits your needs.
- Weight is considerably important and should include vessel and all gear
- A covered boat lift can add beauty, value and protection to your property
- Does your waterfront regularly encounter high waves, flooding or surge?
- Are you planning on installing your lift in salt water or a fresh water lake?
- Be sure to work with a professional who has a reputable history with installation
- Choose a hoist brand known for manufacturing high quality lifts that last
If you’re in the process of shopping new boat hoists and would like to learn more about precisely what to look for and the various features available, the professionals at Martin’s Tidesides are always here to help. We’re an authorized ShoreStation® dealer, offer expert installation and will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.
Feel free to get in touch with Martin’s Tidesides today by phone at 315-483-9111 or write to us via email though our contact page. We’re a full-service marina in Sodus Bay NY, offering everything from slips and lifts, to storage, service and seawalls.