December 9, 2022
This year has been an exceptionally brutal weather season, leaving many with extensive damage that often takes a great deal of time to recover from. Aside from the damage caused to homes, one of the most often overlooked aspects of high water damage is the toll it can take on seawalls, docks, and boathouses. After all, they truly are first in line when it comes to waves and rising water levels, leaving many unsafe for use. The rebuilding process requires the same level of care and expertise that we would give to any part of the property.
At Martin’s Custom Tidesides, we genuinely know how painful the process of rebuilding your waterfront property can be. We’ve seen it more times than we’re comfortable with, and wanted to take this opportunity to offer some pointers for those who have been forced to rebuild damaged docks, boathouses, or sea walls.
- Don’t rush the rebuilding process, take your time during the planning phases
- Avoid the temptation to work with contractors who are offering free services
- Consider the materials that were used to construct any damaged structures
- Do your research when it comes to choosing a marine engineer for your rebuild
- If you don’t have a seawall, consider having one installed for additional protection
- Partner with a company who brings proven experience in all aspect of construction
Having to rebuild your waterfront property after high water damage is one of the worst things any homeowner or business can go through. How you go about the process will make a world of difference, and we invite you to reach out for more information on how to ensure that everything is done properly going forward. Reach out to Martin’s Tidesides for answers to any questions you may have, and we will do our very best to help make the process as stress-free as possible.
We’re located in Sodus Point, NY and proudly serve the greater NE coastal region. You can reach Martin’s Tidesides anytime during regular hours by phone at 315-573-3288, or send your questions on the rebuilding process by emailing us through our website’s secure contact page.